Join Our Board - Applications Open Until August 8th!
Click Here to download our board recruitment document
Be a Part of the wan executive board
Calling all water and ocean-minded professionals in the DC-metro area! The Women's Aquatic Network has several open positions on the Executive Board, and we are looking to fill them with enthusiastic and motivated individuals with an interest in promoting the health and protection of our marine and aquatic resources.
While we understand that life happens and we fill in for each other at times, the general expectations of Executive Board members include:
- Regular attendance at WAN events
- Monthly in-person board meetings, usually 1.5-2 hours on a weeknights
- Serve as the lead on the organization of 1-3 events/year
- Participate in 1-2 sub-board committees
- 4-8 hours/month on follow-up actions and committee activities
- Annual Executive Board day-long retreat (in DC)
- Bi-Annual Executive Board-Advisory Board meetings (in DC)
- Help with fundraising leading up to and during the Holiday Party (sponsorships, soliciting auction items, selling raffle tickets, etc.)
- Traditional term length of 2-4 years
If interested, please submit the application below by 5 p.m. on August 8th. We will notify you of your selection to the WAN Executive Board in September.